The Pentair Lil’ Shark Pool Cleaner comes equipped with everything you will need for a spotless pool. Simply connect to your pools skimmer and the Lil’ Shark effectively cleans vinyl surfaces automatically to reduce time spent on regular vacuuming.
It connects similar to a standard vacuum that most above ground pool owners use for manual cleaning. Bleeding the hose of all air, using a vacuum plate, and powering the vacuum through the filters pump, are all a part of the set up process.
When connected, its patented design transmits the vibration from the above ground pool filter system, through a special vacuum hose, and that vibration is then amplified by the specially designed vacuum head that moves about in a circular motion all while vacuuming. Once automatic cleaning is finished, you can use a pole to quickly run over missed spots or clean portions of the wall.
Pentair Lil Shark Automatic Pool Cleaner Tips
What should I do when the cleaner moves slowly or not at all?
- Backwash and clean filter. Empty all baskets.
- Clear debris from oscillator or hose.
- If hoses from pool to filter and pump are less than 1-1/2” diameter, replace with 1-1/2” diameter hoses.
- Pump may be too small. Consult pool professional.
- If your pool has a main drain (floor drain), close it during cleaner operation.
Why does the cleaner only clean the perimeter of pool?
- Make sure vacuum regulator is installed.
- Set brush ring adjuster to a higher number.
Cleaner is hovering in one area with hose fully extended.
- Hose is too short. The hose should reach furthest point in pool plus one section.
Cleaner turns in clockwise circles only and only covers one section of pool.
- The cleaner is designed to move in a clockwise direction.
- Set brush ring adjuster to a lower number.
Oscillator/cleaner runs too fast.
- Make sure vacuum regulator is installed. (the regulator marked “50” will reduce cleaner speed).
- If your system has a return valve, gradually close it until oscillator runs at the desired speed.
Why is my hose coiling up?
- For best results, when hose is not in use, store it flat and straight and out of sun.
- Hose is too long; remove sections as needed.
My cleaners do not cover the entire pool, how can I fix this?
- Any cleaner may miss spots. Spot clean pool by attaching a vac-pole (telepole) to cleaner and steering it.
- Try different brush ring adjuster settings (0-4) until the cleaner gives the desired results.
- The cleaner was not designed to work under all solar covers.
- Strong winds may interfere with complete cleaner coverage due to hose movement.
Cleaner flips on its side when pump stops.
- This is normal if filter system develops a backpressure surge when the pump stops. The cleaner will right itself when system is restarted.
What should I do when my hose comes loose when pump stops?
- Use reducer cone in skimmer.
- Ensure all connections are tight.
What makes my cleaner stick to pool bottom or pool main drain?
- Install diaphragm marked “50” in vacuum regulator.
- Check inner brush ring for excessive wear.
The Pentair Lil Shark Pool Cleaner effectively cleans vinyl surfaces in flat or dish-bottom above ground pools. The Lil Shark Pool Cleaner installs in minutes without special tools or fittings.
About The Pool Factory
America’s Above Ground Pool Experts – is the best place to find everything you need to make owning a swimming pool or spa fun and easy, at the best prices today. With a combined 50+ years of experience The Pool Factory employs a highly trained staff of above ground and semi inground pool specialists. The Pool Factory can provide unique solutions for all pool supplies and swimming pool needs.