Pool Frog XL PRO Mineral System Tips
What do I do if the water looks cloudy?
1. Make sure your filtration system is working properly (i.e. clean filter, skimmer and pump basket).
2. Make sure circulation time is adequate- increase pump time if not.
3. Make sure the pool is properly balanced.
4. Shock the water to eliminate buildup of any organic matter.
5. Make sure pool has a free chlorine reading of 0.5 to 1.0 ppm.
6. Check with your dealer for more information.
What do I do if the water turns color?
1. Metals in the fill water may have been oxidized. Have the pool tested. Shock the pool and clean the filter until the water clarity returns.
2. Algae may be trying to form – shock the pool, increase circulation time if needed and clean the filter.
3. Check with your dealer for more information.
What do I do if algae forms in or on my pool?
1. Use nonmetallic (polyquat) algaecide per the directions on the bottle and brush the sides of the pool often.
2. Clean the filter and shock the pool with chlorine daily until water clarity returns.
3. If you are in an area of the country that struggles with algae growth, see your dealer regarding a 90-day Algae Protection Guarantee using FROG BAM. See product hang tag for guarantee details.
What do I do if I am under chlorinating with the POOL FROG Bac Pac?
1. If you are unable to maintain 0.5 ppm to 1.0 ppm, first make sure there are chlorine tablets in the tower areas of the POOL FROG Bac Pac and it is installed properly. If a correction was made, test the water in 24 hours.
2. If still low, turn the dial up one setting and test the water again in 24 hours. Continue raising the setting by one increment each day until the proper reading is achieved.
3. Shock the pool if the reading has been lower than 0.5 ppm for more than one day.
4. Make sure pump run time is at least 6 hours on high speed (40 gpm or higher) or if not, bleed the air from the cap knob.
5. Contact your dealer to have your back pressure tested to ensure it is at least 4 psi.
6. Check for a suction side leak by looking for air bubbles in your pump basket or at the return jet.
7. Contact King Technology’s Customer Service Department at 800-222-0169.
What do I do if I am over chlorinating with the POOL FROG Bac Pac?
1. If the chlorine reading is over 3.0 ppm, remove the POOL FROG Bac Pac from the POOL FROG Mineral Reservoir and test the water daily until the reading is down to 1.0 ppm.
2. Reinsert the POOL FROG Bac Pac, lower the dial one setting and test the water again in 24 hours. If the reading has risen, lower the dial one setting again. Continue this process until proper reading is achieved.
3. If over-chlorinating at the lowest possible setting, consider decreasing the circulation time. Depending on your pump size, you may be circulating the water more than is necessary.
4. Contact your dealer to have your back pressure tested. If over 8 psi consider a large eye-ball fitting in the return jet.
5. Contact King Technology’s Customer Service Department at 800-222-0169.
The Pool Frog XL Pro, uses a Mineral Reservoir in one Cycler and a pre-filled Chlorine Pac in the other, for complete pool care with extended chlorine pac life over the regular In Ground Pool Frog. This allows you to have more fun with your pool and spend as little maintenance time as possible.
About The Pool Factory
America’s Above Ground Pool Experts – is the best place to find everything you need to make owning a swimming pool or spa fun and easy, at the best prices today. With a combined 50+ years of experience The Pool Factory employs a highly trained staff of above ground and semi inground pool specialists. The Pool Factory can provide unique solutions for all pool supplies and swimming pool needs.