A Power Ionizer is a trouble free sanitizer system that discharges copper and silver ions into your swimming water killing bacteria, algae, and viruses. The Power Ionizer is very effective and safe.
The Power Ionizer is a water sanitizer, which installs in minutes, is weather-resistant and will eliminate high levels of expensive pool chemicals.
The Power Ionizer allows for more time swimming with your family with less time on pool maintenance! All you have to do is oxidize / shock your water once a week and occasionally test your pool water! That’s it!
The Power Ionizer uses a low DC voltage current to scatter positively charged copper and silver ions into the water. Given that bacteria is negatively charged, these particles are drawn to the ions and are killed as the charge penetrates the cell walls. The destroyed microorganisms bundle together and are easily filtered.
Releases a precise quantity of copper and silver ions into your pool water to kill algae, bacteria and viruses. Natural mineral disinfectants are safe to you, your family and our environment.
Start Up for The Power Ionizer
- Install on the return side of the filter, any direction, (no flow switch). The Power Ionizer utilizes unique water flow vibration technology.
- Turn system control knob between 3 and 4 to start, be sure green “Active” light is on when the pump is running.
- Add salt (40lbs) one time only, in order to achieve a natural mineral (copper) level between .3 and .5. This usually takes 1-3 days.
Water Testing for Power Ionizer Start Up
- PH level between 7.2 – 7.8ppm.
- Alkalinity level between 80 – 250ppm.
- Natural copper level between .3 – .5ppm.
Maintenance for Power Ionizer
- Weekly water test, balance all levels, including natural minerals (copper).
- Use the control knob to increase or decrease the amount of copper to within the ideal range of .3 – .5ppm.
- Note: If the control knob is turned to Maximum it may shut down and illuminate the red “Chamber” light, simply turn the control knob down until the red light goes off and the green active light is illuminated.
- The green “Active” will be illuminated when the pump is on. This will give you the most accurate temperature reading as well as indicate your Power Ionizer is functioning properly.
- Add 1 bag of pool shock every 2 weeks. Do not test for or maintain a chlorine residual.
- To winterize, use your standard winterizing process, remove and store the Power Ionizer in a cool dry place.
- The power ionizer replacement chamber needs to be replaced every season.
- Chamber replacement is indicated by the red “Chamber” light illuminating.