The Spa Frog Floating Mineral system is a unique mineral system that can reduce chlorine and bromine levels by 50% and make maintenance easier than ever. Mineral cartridges are easily adjusted to meet the sanitizing needs of virtually any size spa. Replace mineral cartridges every four months when you drain and refill your spa. Bromine cartridges will last 2-4 weeks depending on use. Less chemicals equals softer and more enjoyable water.
Spa Start Up
- Always drain and refill spa at least every 4 months.
- Clean and replace filter cartridges when dirty (follow manufacturer’s instructions).
- Balance water according to the chart below.
- Heat water to recommended temperature before using cartridges.
- Begin regular spa care procedures as soon as start-up is complete.
Very Important! Before using cartridges, establish an initial residual of 1.0-2.0 ppm bromine or chlorine. Do not use a non-chlorine shock.
WATER BALANCE GUIDELINES
pH: 7.2 – 7.8
Total Alkalinity: 80 – 180 ppm
Calcium Hardness: 150-400
Total Dissolved Solids: <1500
Free Bromine: 1.0 – 2.0 ppm
*Use FROG Brand Test Strips to accurately maintain the reduced 1.0 to 2.0 ppm bromine level following the label directions carefully.
- Set the blue mineral cartridge to wide open on #6 by holding the bottom and turning the top until the number 6 appears in the setting window. No further adjustments are necessary.
- With a freshly filled spa, initially set the yellow bromine cartridge on #5 for the first 24 hours ONLY. Then the first week or so, before each use, test the water and adjust cartridge by 1 setting per day until the bromine stabilizes to at least 1.0 ppm.
Using the Floating System
- Insert both cartridges into the green floating holder by pushing them into the openings until they stay in place.
- Let the SPA FROG Floating System free-float in the spa.
- When using the spa, simply remove the SPA FROG System, drain most of the water into the spa and set on the side of the spa inverted so all excess water drains into the holder.
- REMEMBER TO REPLACE IT IN THE WATER WHEN FINISHED USING SPA!
- The SPA FROG Mineral Cartridge must be replaced every 4 months. After four months of use, or when draining and refilling the spa with fresh water, discard SPA FROG Mineral Cartridge in trash even if, upon shaking, it appears there is media left inside. Once wetted the time released minerals in the cartridge are effective up to four months. Do not attempt to reuse the product once removed from the spa. For ease in remembering to replace, mark your calendar with the reminder stickers provided with the product.
- Replace the SPA FROG Bromine Cartridge when empty. Drain water to ensure cartridge is empty then discard in trash. The cartridge life will vary depending on spa size and number of users. Once your usage is determined, mark the calendar with enclosed reminder stickers.