The Hayward SharkVac incorporates two fine filtration elements in a sleek floor-specific design. With its unique top access debris chamber and filtration cartridge method, using a top-loaded filter cartridge canister for debris collection, eliminating the use of bags. Designed with enhanced technologies, the Hayward SharkVac is one of the most economical pool cleaners to operate.
Important Tips & Preventative Maintenance
Below are some important tips and troubleshooting suggestions for owners and potential owners of this fantastic pool cleaner.
- Perception of pool cleaner performance: Confusion may exist over the perception of how the pool cleaner operates at different times during each cycle. It is important to judge the performance of the cleaner by observing improved swimming pool cleanliness after the cleaner has run a complete cleaning cycle.
- Cleaning the filter cartridge after every use maximizes the unit’s performance.
- Replace worn brushes.
- To avoid clogging the SharkVAC’s Filter elements, be sure all pool chemical powders are fully dissolved before operating the pool cleaner.
- In a pool with usually high calcium content, more frequent cleaning of the filter is recommended.
- Save the Hayward SharkVAC original carton for extended storage or shipping requirements should your Hayward SharkVAC require dealer service.
- The sealed Motor Unit and the Power Supply contain no user-serviceable parts. Opening them will automatically VOID your warranty.
- Remove items such as thermometer, toys and the like from the pool before operation the unit. Such items can jam the cleaner and cause damage to the unit and/or your pool.
Hayward SharkVAC Troubleshooting
My Hayward SharkVAC fails to pick up fine or heavy debris, what should I do?
If SharkVAC starts working momentarily but then stops working, how can this be fixed?
What should I do if the Hayward SharkVAC has poor coverage of the pool once in cycle?
If debris falls from cleaner while removing from pool, what should I do?
- It may be caused by filter overload, increase frequency of filter cleaning.
- Assure that there is no large debris blocking any of the three intakes. Large debris must be removed from the pool before using machine.
- If drain flaps are out of place or stuck by sand or leaves in the open position, the flaps can be snapped back into place, after cleaning the area.