After you purchase an above ground swimming pool from ThePoolFactory.com, be prepared to have some unexpected visitors that may be looking to cool off in your backyard. What will you feed these people? Thankfully, these simple snacks come together in 15 minutes max, use everyday ingredients and easily feed a crowd.
Greek Salad Skewers
Quick, easy, healthy and delicious. This go-to appetizer is sure to satisfy your guests because it’s more fun than a regular salad and pretty to look at.
- One-quarter English cucumber
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 lb feta cheese, cut into 16 small cubes
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 8 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cut four 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices from the cucumber and then quarter each slice.
- Set the cucumber pieces on a large serving platter and season with 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper.
- Top each with a piece of feta and then an olive half.
- Stab a toothpick through a tomato half and then thread through one of the cucumber stacks, pushing the toothpick down to secure it.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with some more black pepper, and serve.
This easy recipe is perfect to whip up for unexpected guests. The garlic salt, dill and Worcestershire sauce flavor the dip very nicely.
- 2 1/8 cup sour cream
- 2 1/8 cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise (Do not use any other brand. It will not taste the same)
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 5 drops Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Can be eaten right away, but will taste much better if refrigerated overnight.
Salami Roll Ups
Simple preparation and lots of flavor. Pair with a nice Italian red wine to have your guests thinking they are vacationing in Italy.
- 32 slices dry hard salami, sliced thin (Like Hormel Hard, or also Genoa works well)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Green onion
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on a slice of salami, at least covering the center, but not necessary to go all the way to the edge.
- Place a 3-4 inch-long piece of green onion into the center of the salami, on top of cream cheese.
- Roll up and pin with a toothpick.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
Quick Crab Dip
This recipe could not be easier. The French dressing makes it a little different from other crab dips and should satisfy any seafood lover.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans of fancy white crab meat, drained
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons French dressing
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Place in refrigerator.
- Chill about 1 hour.
- Serve with “Ritz” crackers!
Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
Dip some apples or bananas in this tasty treat that kids are sure to love.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl,
- Stir well.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Serve dip with an assortment of fresh fruit.